“Help make the world a safer place by advancing our cutting edge Automated Adverse Media Investigations platform.”
Merlon is a series of ML and NLP pipelines that perform Name Entity Recognition and resolution, co-referencing, entity linking, fuzzy and phonetic name matching, risk detection, ranking and classification, perpetrator detection, related article clustering, deduplication, summarization and secondary identifier extraction, in the cloud. These and other capabilities allow Merlon to automate the identification of risk related to people and businesses based on their global news footprint.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Merlon your main role will be leading infrastructure efforts to build a global Adverse Media Screening platform supporting hybrid deployment models.
You will be responsible for evangelising best infrastructure practices across the team, which include internal automation (CI/CD), capacity and resource planning for solution infrastructure and configuration management. You will be responsible for the security aspects of our cloud infrastructure. You will script internal tools in python, bash, etc. You will maintain hybrid on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure. You will supervise the process of on call rotations and take participation in them together with the rest of the team. You will share your knowledge and mentor others.
Technologies we use:
- Kubernetes (GCE, GKE), VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) and Helm (for cloud deployments)
- Python, Bash (scripting and automation)
- Bazel (dependency management in our monorepo)
- JVM (our backend is written in Scala)
- Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, BigTable (for storing backend data), BigQuery
- Spinnaker, Google Cloud Build
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Min. 5+ years of experience in DevOps, Infrastructure Engineering or SRE
- Experience with production Kubernetes
- Experience with at least one CI/CD tool
- Production experience with at least one JVM language (ideally Scala), PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, GCE, GKE
- Proficiency in Python and Bash
- Awareness of basic cyber-security
- Ability to find a needle in a log haystack
- Experience in investigating and handling production issues
- You are a self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced environment with the freedom to approach, own and solve problems independently, as well as part of a team.
- You are passionate about technology and have a broad set of skills you can draw upon to tackle the diverse challenges our customers face.
Why you’ll love being at Merlon:
- A fast-paced Silicon Valley startup experience in the heart of Europe, including stock option ownership
- Purposeful contributions to a relevant product, driving a meaningful global impact
- Ownership of features, initiatives and results, rather than a focus on working hours
- Collaborate with extraordinary colleagues, high-performance engineers and some of the leading technology experts in the world
- Freedom to work where you are most effective - we have offices in Prague, Bratislava, Brno, or you can chose to work from home
- The latest technology to work with, including a top of the range M1 MacBook Pro