“Help make the world a safer place by advancing our cutting edge Automated Adverse Media Investigations platform.”
Merlon is a series of ML and NLP pipelines that perform Name Entity Recognition and resolution, co-referencing, entity linking, fuzzy and phonetic name matching, risk detection, ranking and classification, perpetrator detection, related article clustering, deduplication, summarization and secondary identifier extraction, in the cloud. These and other capabilities allow Merlon to automate the identification of risk related to people and businesses based on their global news footprint.
As a Senior ML Engineer your main role will be to improve the quality of existing models and develop and test new models as called for by Merlon’s feature roadmap.
You will adapt advanced machine learning techniques to best utilise modern deep learning/ML frameworks. This includes but is not limited to utilizing the latest generation of transformer Models like Google’s BERT, implementing classifiers and tools leveraging modern NLP, machine learning and rules based models in complex multilingual environments. You will suggest, collect and research capabilities to fuel future roadmap features. You will manipulate datasets, build training and evaluation datasets, scrape publicly available datasets, work with domain experts on keyword sets etc. Eventually, your efforts will result in implementation of new and improved production quality NLP pipelines for newly supported languages and features.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, NLP, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence
- Experience in using tools like Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn
- Experience with GCP or Mapreduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures and distributed systems
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics) with relevant experience, or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Proven ability to translate technical insights into recommendations for product development
- You are a self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced environment with the freedom to approach, own and solve problems independently, as well as part of a team.
- You are passionate about technology and have a broad set of skills you can draw upon to tackle the diverse challenges our customers face.
Why you’ll love being at Merlon:
- A fast-paced Silicon Valley startup experience in the heart of Europe, including stock option ownership
- Purposeful contributions to a relevant product, driving a meaningful global impact
- Ownership of features, initiatives and results, rather than a focus on working hours
- Collaborate with extraordinary colleagues, high-performance engineers and some of the leading technology experts in the world
- Freedom to work where you are most effective - we have offices in Prague, Bratislava, Brno, or you can chose to work from home
- The latest technology to work with, including a top of the range M1 MacBook Pro