“Help make the world a safer place by advancing our cutting edge Automated Adverse Media Investigations platform.”
Merlon is a series of ML and NLP pipelines that perform Name Entity Recognition and resolution, co-referencing, entity linking, fuzzy and phonetic name matching, risk detection, ranking and classification, perpetrator detection, related article clustering, deduplication, summarization and secondary identifier extraction, in the cloud. These and other capabilities allow Merlon to automate the identification of risk related to people and businesses based on their global news footprint.
As a Senior System Lead at Merlon your main role will be leading as well as contributing to the solution design architecture of Merlon’s multi-tenant hybrid Saas cloud solution, which is capable of processing adverse media investigations on millions of new news articles every day.
You will be responsible for software architecture design and producing high-quality hands-on code where needed. You will uplevel the development process, by assessing business value and prioritizing tasks while understanding the big picture of what needs to get done.
You will provide technical leadership to the team distributed across multiple CEE locations while initiating effective communication. You will strive to improve engineering culture and promote healthy development habits.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical leadership, ability to design and communicate SW architecture, willing to set, supervise and be responsible for technological direction
- Experienced in the whole software development life-cycle, knowledge of at least one JVM language (ideally Scala or other FP language), solid knowledge of FP principles
- Experience with tools that our stack consists of (or similar): Scala, Python, Akka, Slick, Kubernetes, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform, Dataflow, DataProc (Spark), Airflow, Apache Beam, (React)
- Ability to work in and lead a distributed team and to get the job done with minimal supervision
- Startup mindset: able to resolve ambiguity, positive can-do attitude, self-driven, articulate
- You are a self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced environment with the freedom to approach, own and solve problems independently, as well as part of a team.
- You are passionate about technology and have a broad set of skills you can draw upon to tackle the diverse challenges our customers face.
Why you’ll love being at Merlon:
- A fast-paced Silicon Valley startup experience in the heart of Europe, including stock option ownership
- Purposeful contributions to a relevant product, driving a meaningful global impact
- Ownership of features, and initiatives and results, rather than a focus on working hours
- Collaborate with extraordinary colleagues, high-performance engineers and some of the leading technology experts in the world
- Freedom to work where you are most effective - we have offices in Prague, Bratislava, Brno, or you can chose to work from home
- The latest technology to work with, including a top of the range M1 MacBook Pro