“Help make the world a safer place by advancing our cutting edge Automated Adverse Media Investigations platform.”
Merlon is a series of ML and NLP pipelines that perform Name Entity Recognition and resolution, co-referencing, entity linking, fuzzy and phonetic name matching, risk detection, ranking and classification, perpetrator detection, related article clustering, deduplication, summarization and secondary identifier extraction, in the cloud. These and other capabilities allow Merlon to automate the identification of risk related to people and businesses based on their global news footprint.
As a System Engineer for Data Operations at Merlon your main role will consist of responsibility for data acquisition, processing and ensuring quality of the data feeded to KYC Adverse Media Platform, as well as evangelizing the team around data processing and data quality management.
You will be responsible for the design and development of data processing pipelines as well as the integration with data providers. You will ensure that data processing time is meeting SLOs for data delivery. You will collaborate closely with ML engineers when designing data pipelines. You will provide auditability and traceability of data processing for troubleshooting purposes, all of that to ensure data quality standards and measures. You will contribute to cloud infrastructure connected to data processing. You will manage capacity planning and PR reviews. You will take part in the on-call rotation, providing support for data ingest components.
Technologies we use:
- Kubernetes (GKE)
- Apache Beam, Dataflow Runner, Spotify Scio
- Apache Airflow
- Dataproc (PySpark and Spark)
- Python and Scala
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, BigTable, BigQuery, Redis
- Google Data studio
- Google Cloud Build, Spinnaker
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Min. 3+ years of experience in System Engineering in the field of data storage and data processing
- Experience with cloud based data processing technologies batch and streaming
- Overview of data storage formats and data integration platforms
- Ability to work in a distributed team and to get the job done without much supervision
- Startup mindset: able to resolve ambiguity, positive can-do attitude, self-driven, articulate
- You are a self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced environment with the freedom to approach, own and solve problems independently, as well as part of a team.
- You are passionate about technology and have a broad set of skills you can draw upon to tackle the diverse challenges our customers face.
Why you’ll love being at Merlon:
- A fast-paced Silicon Valley startup experience in the heart of Europe, including stock option ownership
- Purposeful contributions to a relevant product, driving a meaningful global impact
- Ownership of features, initiatives and results, rather than a focus on working hours
- Collaborate with extraordinary colleagues, high-performance engineers and some of the leading technology experts in the world
- Freedom to work where you are most effective - we have offices in Prague, Bratislava, Brno, or you can chose to work from home
- The latest technology to work with, including a top of the range M1 MacBook Pro